1072 AG Amsterdam
+31 6 46 14 15 00
LinkedIn profile Download CV
About Verona Groverman Consultancy
By January 2021Verona Groverman closed down her firm Verona Groverman Consultancy ‘Facilitating in Change’ which she started in April 2001. Before she made this step she worked at various development organisations and consultancy firms from the 1980s. Verona Groverman is a sociologist/anthropologist and was involved in (rural) development processes in a variety of countries. Countries of expertise include: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, Swaziland, Botswana, South Africa, Zambia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Ghana, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, The Philippines, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Nicaragua, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and the Netherlands.
Verona Groverman Consultancy wanted to contribute to achieving an equitable and peaceful world by
- creating a space for women and men, irrespective of their age, health status, social-cultural background and identity to voice their opinions and ideas,
- assisting them to come to a common understanding and willingness to take action,
- supporting women and men in making change happen.
‘Facilitating in Change’ referred to a double purpose: enabling people and organisations to manage change, and promoting change itself towards equity and sustainability. Her services are directed towards these purposes:
- Conducting evaluations and assessments of programmes, projects and policies, and supporting monitoring and evaluation,
- Facilitating processes of change through organisational (self-) assessment (audit), strategy and policy development, support to mainstreaming, and capacity building.